I have finally caught up with photographing everything I have made over the last few weeks :-) These cards are done with Distress Oxide backgrounds.
I used foam blending pads to apply the inks through a stencil, definitely gives a better effect than using a stencil brush. Then I ran into my normal problem with creating backgrounds - I didn't want to cover it up!! So I went with a simple die-cut sentiment, but that didn't really stand out from the background. In the end I matted onto the same colour cardstock as the die-cut and cut a stitched circle as a base for it. I am really pleased with the effect :-)
The second card is a blended background, over-stamped with a Woodware seedhead stamp in black. Then I cut into three panels, matted onto black and punched out a sentiment strip. I am not entirely happy with this one - I think the black mat is a bit harsh and maybe I should have used the same blue as the other card!!! But it's OK :-)
More experimentation to come!