A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 21 August 2016

Flower Wreath cards - three colourways

I have had this stamp (Stamps by Chloe) for a while and decided to stamp/emboss it in silver, several times, to try out different colourways. 

I die-cut the coloured images into circles and cut out an inner circle.  Having matched each colourway to cardstock, I die-cut a stitched circle mat (Crealies) and another circle just slightly larger than the aperture from a die-cut trellis panel (Tonic Studios), for the inner circle aperture.  I also cut butterflies (Frantic Stamper) and a swallowtail pennant (Spellbinders), plus some plain white sentiment banners.

I had found these shaped card blanks in my stash and decided to use them up, but I like the way a circular topper looks on them, so I may have to buy some more!

Shades of aqua:



Contrast of blue and yellow:



Shades of purple:


I am definitely going to do some more of these, I think I will make the sentiment banners larger next time and also it would probably be easier to have an embossed central circle, rather than trying to stick down a fiddly die-cut LOL. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, love all the colourways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I love trying things in different colourways - just the change of colour can make things look so different.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete