A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 21 October 2015

White on White, Pinterest challenge third of four

Sy picked four Pins for me at the beginning of the month ... challenges 1 and 2 are here and here.
This is the original Pin and here is my take on it:


I think that the original card must have been perhaps 7 x 5, but I don't have any that size, so I adapted it to fit an A6 card blank.  It also uses patterned paper strips, but I thought I would use white, with the strips embossed with different patterns.
I cut a white base and embossed some strips in five different designs.... six would have been better, but I persevered.  When I was happy with the arrangement, I stuck them all down, overlapping the base edge, then trimmed off the excess.  I cut a mirri mat and die-cut a banner (die from Dienamics) in mirri and a smaller one in white.  A peel off sentiment completes the card.
I am pleased with it, but the placement of white on white was quite difficult as it's hard to see!  I think I might try it again at some point, but would probably try the larger size and definitely use patterned paper :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment