A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Out of the Drawer - more aqua cards from scraps

Yesterday I shared some cards made from the OotD papers after making a layout.  Here are the other two I made and I do still have enough left for perhaps another two, but I am a bit fed up with the papers now ... LOL ... so those will have to wait for another time.



The OotD items on these, apart from the papers and the embossing powder as before, are the large birthday stamp from Woodware and the butterfly dies from Memory Box.  I have actually used the dies before, but they have been languishing unloved as I forgot about them.
The stamp, from a set of two large sentiments, gives a good impression and embossed very clearly, I must definitely use it more often. 
The butterflies are actually two sets - the solid base and the filigree tops, the latter set includes the bodies too.  I cut the base and bodies in the darker colour, the filigree in the lighter and stuck only the centre of the filigree shapes down, so the wings can be raised.  Then I stuck the bodies over the top.  This is an idea I saw on a display card in the Glitter Pot - I went over there with Sy, before it became online only.
The sentiment is a peel-off on a SU punched tag.
It is quite satisfying to produce cards from scraps and leftover-from-other-projects paper, I will be doing some more, they are quite quick to do too, which is a bonus :-)

2 comments: