A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 2 August 2015

Playing with stamps - birthday cards

I stamped these collages a while ago, but at today's crop I finally got around to making them into cards :-)

For the first card, I used SU's Lovely as a Tree for the main image, which for some reason I always think of as 'Lonely' as a Tree, no idea why, that's just how I read it the first time I saw it and now my brain can't get rid of it!  I started by stamping the splat from the Gorgeous Grunge set in light green and blue, then over-stamped with the trees - having inked the trunks with a little brown and the main tree with dark green.  Today I matted the collage onto some Bazzill in Jacaranda, using a lace scallop punch (Martha Stewart) at the base for some detail.  The sentiment stamp is from Woodware, I think.


The second card has stamps from SU Gorgeous Grunge, the butterfly is also SU but I can't remember which set LOL.  The flourish is an old Artemio stamp and the sentiment is from Stamping All Day.  I stamped and masked the butterfly, then stamped the splat, the lines and the flourish in that order.  I finished it off today by adding the sentiment and matting onto the same Jacaranda cardstock as previously.



Really pleased with these two, I especially like the scalloped edging to the mat.

2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!! That butterfly one is just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing these come together in real life - really lovely and hope to card lift at some point

    ReplyDelete