A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 28 June 2015

Pin-spiration - mosaic madness cards

I decided that I really should start creating from my Pinterest board, rather than just adding to it ..... :-)  So last craft weekend, I asked Sy to pick three items from my card-making inspiration board for me to try out to see what I could come up with.

She chose these two Pins here and here based on the Stampin' Up Mosaic Madness set, sadly the stamps themselves are now discontinued but the punch and embossing folder are still available.  She did choose a third, but I didn't get around to that one LOL.


I stamped a selection of the designs, punched them out and placed on mats embossed with the Mosaic embossing folder.  The small green motif was stamped directly onto the mat and is not completely accurate as the image is not in the centre of the rubber, so I had to guess!  Next time I will stamp and use a small circle punch, then attach them.  I used the SU word window punch for the peel-off sentiment on the left hand card and the circle-punched sentiment on the right is from Lili of the Valley.  I invert-rounded the corners on one card, just for a bit of extra detail. 
They were quite fiddly to do, but the results are not too shabby!

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely - love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards & like the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete