A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 2 October 2014

Throwback Thursday

One of the suggestions on the Blogtoberfest list of prompts, was to have a 'Throwback Thursday' and look back at some old work.
It was quite interesting to look back through old layouts, I don't like half of them as much as I did when I made them .....LOL. 
I have chosen the two pages from 2007 below, DS1 and DS2 because I love the photos - they are so neutral even though they have colour in them.  For DS1 returning from uni for the holidays, I used a strong colour for the background paper and circles.  I probably wouldn't do much differently with this photo today, maybe a couple of layers and doing the title in another way.  For DS2, in an underground car park somewhere in London, I did the opposite and used monochrome papers.  Again I wouldn't change much on this page. 
Both pages, if I made them today, would have many more steampunk elements on, I think!

Return of the Prodigal


Industrial Cool

3 comments:

  1. They are both lovely and look nowhere near as dated as mine do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't remember the industrial one but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they could both easily pass for today - especially the bottom one- darent look at mine!

    ReplyDelete