A blog for cooking and crafts

Saturday 10 May 2014

First completed layout for months!

Scrapbooking has taken a bit of a back seat for me over the last few months, partly because I have got back into card making, but also due to a severe mojo deficiency!  I have done some scrapping - but most of my pages aren't complete, usually I start them at a crop and leave the title and journaling for 'later' ...... of course later never comes :-)  This was really brought home to me when I uploaded two finished pages to my computer and saw that the last uploaded layout was in October 2013!!

This page is based on a memory of a sketch - I had forgotten to pack it for the crop, so had to improvise!


The background paper is from Hot Off the Press, as is the black lace patterned strip.  The doily is die-cut from DCWV Old World.  I used a script stamp and various splotchy stamps in different colours.  The tabbed mats are made using the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board.  When everything was assembled, I tucked some ribbon behind the photo and added the die-cut title. 

I am rather pleased with this, though looking at the photo now I am thinking I should have put the date on  the light brown tab .... will have to add that in 'later' :-)

2 comments:

  1. Envelope punch boards are brilliant aren't they? So many uses. I blogged some gift boxes I made with mine, today. I think the date on that file tab would finish your page off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really well remembering the sketch from memory - great layout x

    ReplyDelete