A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 26 May 2014

52CC - week 21, vertical strip sketch prompt

 
I am now up to date with the 52 cards challenge, apart from today's prompt, that is!  Week 21 is a sketch prompt, featuring a side vertical strip.

Week 21 - sketch prompt

I didn't follow the suggestion of using patterned paper as the main panel - although I may revisit that idea later - because I knew immediately which tall and narrow Christmas stamp I wanted to use, this old Creative Expressions lamp post which I bought from the bargain bin at Ally Pally, many years ago :-)   A hunt through my other, older wood-mounted stamps turned up this topiary tree - the copyright date on it is 1999, six years after I started stamping!




 
Both cards are as you can see, basically the same.  I think the technical term is a 'shortfall' card? - but do correct me if I'm wrong!  I stamped a vertical sentiment stamp down the right hand inside edge of the card blank, then cut off a strip from the front so that the sentiment is visible.  Then I used a lace edge punch (Martha Stewart) along the front side edge.  I stamped and embossed the two images in gold, coloured them, then die-cut them out (Nestie deckle edge rectangle).  The edges of the lace border and the die-cuts were inked in gold.  Then the images were mounted on 1mm foam tape to the card.

They proved extraordinarily difficult to photograph whilst stood upright, so in the end I resorted to laying them flat, holding them shut with Blu-Tak and taking the picture before they could spring open again!

1 comment: