A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 27 April 2014

52CC week 16 - Gold

A colour prompt for week 16 of the 52 cards challenge.  A card featuring the colour gold :-)


For the birthday card, I used an Impression Obsession stamp - bought at the Make It show a couple of years ago and I had even taken a photo of the finished card on the stand to remember the colours.... then he went into a drawer :-)  A few weeks ago, I had stamped/embossed him in gold and coloured in various shades of blue/gold/aqua, but had never got around to making him up into a card.  As soon as I saw the 'gold' prompt, I knew he would be perfect!  I die-cut the image, but it needed the largest die in the Nestie set, so for the gold mat I had to draw around the outside edge of the die and hand cut.  I made an interrupted frame for the sentiment with gold peel off lines.  This card has already been shipped off to its recipient - I reminded DH of his mother's birthday, he looked in my card box and picked out this one.  Let's hope she likes it!

The gold on the Christmas card doesn't show up very well in the photo, unfortunately, it all looks much richer IRL.  The paper (Making Cards mag freebie) has a lot of gold swirlies between the poinsettias, there are gold mats for the paper and sentiment tag and the sentiment itself is stamped/embossed in gold.  I really like the rounded opposite corners look, so used it again here on both the card blank and the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment