A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 20 April 2014

52CC week 13 - sketch prompt

I am finally catching up with the challenge after a few very stressful weeks!  The prompt for week 13 was this sketch.

Week 13 - sketch prompt

There was an additional prompt to make the most of the frame.... which I didn't do in the end, as I just made a simple square topper.  I did buy a frame die, though, so may revisit this sketch in the future :-)


The birthday card is made with freebie magazine papers (Making Cards) in a soft green/pink/white combination.  It took a while to find the right pink for the punched butterfly (Martha Stewart), I chose Bazzill Blossom.  The butterfly looks a little off centre in the photo, it is not .... honest .... one wing is lifted higher than the other!  The scalloped square (Woodware) and sentiment tag (Stampin Up) are the solid green from the same set of papers.  I embossed the white square  on which the butterfly is sitting with a Swiss Dots folder - maybe Cuttlebug?

MC freebie papers again for the Christmas card.  I stamped/embossed the Woodware stamp in a dark green, then coloured in the red and green of the holly, after cutting out the image I inked the edges with dark green.  I followed the dots on the paper to make a frame of white pearls.

1 comment: