A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 27 March 2014

52CC - weeks 10 and 12

I am lumping these together as I struggled with the week 10 and I am not sure it deserves a post to itself LOL.
The prompt for week 10 was wood-plastic-stickers.  Doesn't sound very difficult, does it??  But I don't have any stickers, no wood paper, couldn't think of anything plastic!  So .... this card uses some magazine freebie paper (Making Cards) - the owls are sitting on a tree and wood comes from trees.  The pearls are plastic and the sentiment is a peel off sticker.  There you go :-)


I am much happier with week 12 - the prompt was soft spring colours and I went with soft peach and aqua, again MC magazine papers.


I invert-rounded the corners of two cardstock mats and the background paper, and put pearls into the corners.  The leaf flourish is a Cheery Lynn die, cut in half so that the ends tuck under the circle edge and enough of the leaves still show.  I bought the fabric flowers at the Make It show a few weeks ago, but can't remember where from.  The scalloped circle is a Stampin Up punch and the circular sentiment stamp is from Stamping all Day, the circle is fixed with 2mm foam tape for dimension.

I think this is one of my favourite cards so far this year, it just came together really easily!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love all the layers, they are so delicate and beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I really like the one with the tree on x

    ReplyDelete