A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 23 March 2014

52CC week 9 - Mother's Day

The photo prompt for week 9 features soft mint, pink, white, gold, doilies, embossing, flowers .... a lot of elements to choose from!



I went with the colour scheme to make two Mother's Day cards, using a First Edition 6"paper pad.  Some of the papers are double sided, so for the first one I used the white-on-pink as a base mat, then cut another mat about two thirds the size in the pink-on-white.  The join is covered with a die-cut doily lace border (Dienamics).  The butterfly flourish is a die from Joanna Sheen and is actually reversed on this card - I put the paper over the die the wrong way up!  Pink pearls were added to the die cut.  Then I punched out some butterflies (Martha Stewart) from the embossed card left over from making the panel on the other card and added gold pearls to them and the corners of the mat.  A peel off sentiment completes the card.

The second card has a base mat of plain pink, to frame the white-on-pink damask background paper.  I cut a plain green mat for the pink/green patterned panel and I embossed some plain pink with a Stampin Up embossing folder and cut a panel from that.  The panels were assembled with some 1mm foam tape under the embossed one.  The sentiment tag is a Nestie die, the flower is possibly Kaisercraft and the punched fronds are Martha Stewart.  Pink pearls to finish :-)

I think the butterfly flourish is my favourite, it could be adapted to many cards .... must remember to put the paper the right way up next time LOL.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards - agree that the butterfly flourish is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really pretty cards - you have reminded me that I got that flourish die for Christmas and I haven't christened it yet - ooops x

    ReplyDelete