A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 15 October 2013

52 cards challenge - Week 40




The prompt for week 40 was a picture, of multi coloured umbrellas over a street.  I decided that they were autumn colours, so went with that for these birthday cards.
The papers are from Bo Bunny, their new 'Autumn Song' range ..... yes I bought a 6" paper pad - as if I didn't have enough of those!  The colours are gorgeous, though :-)  I matted onto some Bazzill (Julep) and stamped in black Versafine over the top (thanks to Sy for that suggestion) using some gorgeous new poppy seed head stamps from Lavinia Stamps and a quote, can't remember the brand.  The sentiment is from Stamping all Day.  I used a Memory Box trellis die on the second card.
They are a bit limited as birthday cards as probably only suited to Autumn birthdays, but I am really pleased with them - I had forgotten how effective silhouettes can look :-)  A couple of other Lavinia stamps slipped into the shopping basket, so they will be coming up soon........ LOL.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and I'm loving that PP - such super colours.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely-love that poppy stamp!!

    ReplyDelete