A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 13 October 2013

52 cards challenge - week 37

The prompt for week 37 was a sketch.  I have deviated just a little from it, but hopefully not too much.  Also I am trying a new layout for this post, we'll see how it looks!

The birthday card is made made with yet more papers from my seemingly inexhaustible 6" paper pad stash.  This one is from My Minds Eye, can't remember the title, but something French, or maybe Parisian..... 
A basic background mat, with a horizontal band and an oval image.  The oval doily mat is from Dienamics and the cameo-in-frame stamp may be Stampendous, but I won't swear to it!   I have a terrible memory for brand names :-)  I punched out some flowers (EK Success) and added some pearls to the corners.  The sentiment is a HobbyArt stamp.  It still lacked something though, so I added some blingy trim along the band and a peel-off line border around the whole lot.

For the Christmas card, I ran the whole card blank through a 6" embossing folder (Embossalicious) and added the oval doily mat, the punched snowflakes (Martha Stewart & Woodware) and the ribbon, which had originally come from a box of chocolates ....... I could never tie a bow like that :-)  The tree was stamped and embossed in gold and the little red berries are actually the waste from the doily die-cut - quite fiddly to stick down, but they do look nice.

Out of the two, I prefer the birthday card :-)  And I don't like this layout - will be back to normal on the next post!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are very pretty. Love the softness of the birthday card but also like the contrast of the red & white.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete