A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 9 September 2013

Calorie free chocolate tag


I made this tag to put on a birthday card, but decided to leave it just as a tag, so it could be used as a bookmark :-)

I distress-inked a manilla tag using Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo, then used Tea Dye to stamp the background in crackle and bubbles designs, both from Indigo Blu.  Then I stamped the Paperartsy chocolate quote.  At that point I didn't really have a plan, but I decided it was time to have another go with texture paste because I have recently bought several masks (part of my birthday spending!).
I used a Crafters Workshop gridded square mask and applied the paste, left it to dry.  I had thought of inking over the top, but I remembered the Treasure Gold metallic wax, also bought recently, the color is Onyxite.  It looks just like chocolate!
For the 'wrapper', I used a piece of embossed metal from my bits and pieces box and folded it around the base.  Then I backed the whole thing with a blank tag, to hide the metal edges and to make it more substantial, and finished with some ribbon.
I am definitely going to make some more of this calorie-free chocolate!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love this & totally agree with the sentiment.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks even better in real life. And the birthday girl loved it as I recall. Success!!

    ReplyDelete