A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Brothers


I thought it was about time I posted a layout!  I'm sure I have used this title before, but never mind.....

The pictures are of my boys as we went to Brighton, wandered around, had pizza and then went to see The Hobbit in 3D.  My, that was a long film......
The base paper is made up of a frame, out of which I had previously cut the middle for another page.  This was then 'filled' with the typewriter key paper, out of which I had punched some letters to also use elsewhere, but they then turned out to be unsuitable so I was left with a hole-y sheet of paper!  The pennants, the title strip, the circular photo mat and the journalling block all cover up those holes very nicely :-)
The title strip is made up from some corrugated card and some punched strips kindly done for me by Nicky at her workshop - SU paper, but I don't know which one.  The pennants are die-cut, then stamped with a cogs & gears background stamp.  I had cut more than I needed to go under the circle, so I used them along the title strip as well.  The mat for the journalling block is a die-cut (Dienamics) and the cogs and gears were laser-cut by DH out of white card, I inked them up with various shades of brown and positioned them over the circle, which I had cut out of 'Timepiece' paper.
This really is a 'bits and pieces' layout, but I love it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I've used that title a few times...but it is nice to look at the changes in the photos, love all the die cuts and punching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a fabulous layout, i'm sure I use titles over and over but each layouts different and they don't sit next to each other in an album so I don't stress it!

    ReplyDelete