A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 26 May 2013

52 cards challenge - week 21



This weeks prompt is a sketch.  Believe it or not, both these cards came from the same sketch :-)


The birthday card is not, I have to say, one of my favourites ...... not just because it's pink LOL, it just didn't seem to 'flow'.  I used an embossed ATC blank, with a chalk ink pad swiped over, attached a scrap of ribbon, die cut banner and punched flower.  The base of the pink mat was scalloped with a border punch and I wrapped another piece of ribbon around mat and topper.  I punched out the sentiment tag and some butterflies.

Now the Christmas card, on the other hand, is one of my 'favouritest' ever!  Back to the white, aqua and silver for this one.  I embossed the mat with snowflakes and die-cut the branch and baubles.  The bauble is two Memory Box dies, with a plain base and intricately patterned top.  The first 'top' I cut out in white didn't quite work - I had it too close to the edge of the card and the edge just missed cutting.  So I put it to one side and cut another top plus a silver base.  Just on a whim, I tried overlapping the silver/white bauble with the mis-cut white top ..... wow ..... had to go with it :-)  Then I put it all together, with a bought sentiment banner, to see how I could make the baubles appear to be hanging.  Although I had a vague idea of using thread, I decided to try a very thin strip of the white card and I think this works very well.  I am definitely going to make some more of these!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: