A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 13 May 2013

52 cards challenge - week 18



The prompt for week 18 was to use pale pink, buttons and tags.  I do struggle with putting tags on cards, it never seems to come out right :-(  However, a while ago I did buy - and put away unused - a tag die.... now seemed a good time to drag it out of the drawer!
The 'blank' card will have an appropriate sentiment added later, at the base of the tag.  I used the die for the tag and cut it out of an experimental piece of distress inked card which I found lurking in a box.  The band at the base of the tag is cut out of a pale pink paper from the scraps box and I die-cut the doily lace border from that too.  I can't remember the name of the paper range, but it included the black & pink spot paper, so I used that for the central strip. The flowers are bought die-cuts, which I wouldn't normally buy, but they were on sale at half price a while ago.... I knew they would come in useful :-)  I sewed a button to the centre of each one.
I applied the same design to the Christmas card.  The dreaded Papermania Mistletoe Kisses pack came out again - it's the only pink festive paper I have!! - and the pack also includes some tags, so I used one of those instead of cutting one.  The hole was too large for an eyelet, so I attached a bow at the top.  The snowflakes are die-cut and sewing the buttons on proved to be a nightmare - the thread kept catching on all the little arms of the snowflake and tangling up!  In the end, I just sewed the thread though the button holes, then stuck the thing to the snowflake with glossy accents!
I am quite pleased with the design of these and will definitely make some more along the same lines, so finally I have found a use for tags LOL.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment