A blog for cooking and crafts

Saturday 4 May 2013

52 cards Challenge - week 14



I am very behind on this, but am trying to catch up!  The prompt for week 14 of the 52 cards challenge was - hexagons.
The Christmas card has hexagons punched from silver cardstock, with punched snowflakes on top.  I ran the mat through the bigshot in a snowflake embossing folder and wrapped a ribbon around it before adhering to the navy card blank.  The sentiment banner is a from a pack bought at Ally Pally a few years ago.
For the birthday card I used papers from a truly awful 6" paper pad I had bought because it was only £1.99 and the cover illustrations looked OK...... one of the papers had roses on it so I die-cut hexagons from it to include a rose each.  The mat is one of the worst papers from the pad, which looks OK as a frame LOL and the main background paper is one of the least horrible ones!!!  I used two white flowers, inking the smaller one completely with some pink chalk ink, while the larger one was inked just around the petal tips.  The pearl swirl is from stash, bought years ago and never used.  The sentiment strips are die-cut pennants.
I have to say, despite the fact that the papers are not so great, I actually really like the way the card has turned out.  Just goes to show ....... :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment