A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 9 April 2013

ATDML retreat - mystery kit page


I have just spent a fabulous weekend at the A Trip Down Memory Lane retreat in Suffolk.  This layout is from the mystery kit provided - the challenge is to use only what is in the kit, plus one extra sheet of cardstock in the colour of your choice, plus inks and stamps.  The photo is a bit wonky as I just could not get the thing to stand up straight!
I don't know what the papers were, the kit had three patterned papers plus one sheet of cream cardstock.  I chose brown as my additional cardstock, though really all I used it for were some of the punched fronds around the flowers!  Yes that's right .... I said  *flowers*.  Since the picture is of my nieces and I am going to give it to my in-laws, I can use flowers with no qualms :-)
I used a MS punch around the page set to create the panel behind the photo and cut around the swirly bit of the base paper to slot the photo into.  Then I started on the flowers..... They are stamped with a craft stamper freebie stamp, and then all cut out and their edges inked.  Some are stamped on the third sheet of patterned paper, which was turquise with brown spots, some are on the cream cardstock and the pink ones.... well those are also from the cream, but I smooshed pink ink over it first :-)  Then I punched out fronds in brown, but then decided that some of them looked better in cream, so just stuck the cream punch-outs over some of the brown ones, giving a slightly shadowed effect to them.
The base paper originally just had the aqua border around the cream scalloped central square, but I added swirly stamps in brown, pink and turquoise all around the edges.
My in-laws will hopefully love it ..... now all I have to do is to paint the frame for it to go in ..... LOL.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous - such a lovely page and a fab photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty - I use that stamp a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super page, I love the way you transformed the paper :D

    ReplyDelete