A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Valentine card


It's that time of year again :-) 
The prompt on this weeks 52 cards challenge was to use hearts - easy to do on this valentine card for DH, but I am not yet sure how to do the Christmas one!
I over-stamped the card blank, not sure how many stamps I used, probably about six, and several different ink colours too!  The topper started life as an ATC, but I decided to add the 'love makes the world go round' sentiment and make it into DH's card.  It has a smooshy inked background over-stamped with some crackle, swirl and gear stamps, the heart (Technique Tuesday) was stamped and embossed separately, I attached the clock hands after I had stick it down to the base.
I added a ribbon and die-cut buckle to the mat to finish.  Hope he likes it ...... wonder if I'll get one in return this year???
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous card, Wendy, hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your background technique!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete