A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 25 February 2013

Stamped & Masked card


This card started with a mistake ....... I had smooshed distress inks through a circle aperture straight onto a card blank, with the intention of over-stamping with a silhouette in black.  Unfortunately, when I lifted my stencil, I discovered that the inks had gone under the edges in plsces.  It sat in my 'in progress' card box for a while, then I decided to try and disguise the non-crisp edges with a different stamp.  I chose this freebie stamp from Craft Stamper magazine, stamped it onto scrap paper to make two masks, then stamped it three times over the inked circle, masking the previous image each time.  It's been a while since I have done masking, I had forgotten how much fun it is :-)
I punched out the image into a scalloped circle and used the new(ish) 4" scalloped circle punch from Woodware for the silver mat.  I made an interrupted frame with peel off lines and sentiment and just placed the image in the centre ..... incidentally the photo makes the image look a little off centre, but in real life it is perfect, honest.  LOL.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love how you turned a mistake into such a great looking card, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best cards start with a mistake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful card, love its simplicity

    ReplyDelete