A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 27 February 2013

52 Cards Challenge Week 9

 

This week's prompt for the 52 cards challenge is ROSES, though for the Christmas card any associated plant is allowed!
I knew immediately which stamps I wanted to use :-)  The rose bouquet on the Mother's Day card is one of my very first stamps, bought around 1993.  For the background paper I used a sheet from an old K&Co paper pad, matted it onto green, tied the ribbon around then attached to the card.  The image is stamped in a green chalky finish ink, die-cut with a nestie deckle edge oval, then matted onto a Dienamics doily oval die-cut.  The sentiment is a Tinchie stamp and to finish I added a few pearls.
For the Christmas card, I went for holly ..... this is one of my favourite Christmas stamps, I think it is an old Elusive Images one.  I stamped and embossed in gold, then coloured in using Flexmarkers - I'm not very good at colouring, but for a simple image I can manage to make it look reasonably presentable :-)  The image is matted onto gold pearlescent card and I stamped the sentiment at the base, not sure what make that stamp is as I didn't keep the packaging - maybe Hero Arts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment