A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 14 February 2013

52 cards challenge week 7 - Christmas


I was well and truly stuck on this one - but yesterday Nat put some ideas up on her blog for getting hearts onto Christmas cards ...... she mentioned the Waltzing Mouse Christmas stamp set.  I thought "I have that set!!"  I remember eagerly waiting through the pre-release build up, ordering first thing on the day of release - then putting it away and never using it *blush* - until now!  It includes a Scandinavian style heart border, so I decided on a clean and simple card.
I stamped and embossed the hearts in red and the sentiment in black, have to admit that the sentiment is not quite as well stamped as it could have been, I was rushing a little.  But it'll do :-) I did initially intend it to be a single layer card, but decided it looked better with a silver mat!
I will make some more along these lines, the set includes other borders.  But I have to admit, I am not good at 'white space'!  I keep looking at it, thinking "put something else on!!" ...... I must be strong :-)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Oh I think it's just pefect as it is. Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect! Why not pop over and join our Christmas link up with your fab card?
    Sue x
    http://creativecraftworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - just beautiful....and Christmas already :) I should start it too and then I might be able to send everyone handmade cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border is just enough "more" for a less is more card... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this!

    ReplyDelete