A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Sunflowers



A couple of weekends ago I went to the Paperarts UK retreat in Swindon.  Great fun, very hectic, with six classes to fit in!
This is one of them, taught by Rachel Elliott.  Not my normal style at all - you all know I don't *do* flowers! - but it was my favourite out of all the classes.  The papers are Prima, I think 'Sunkissed', and it was all about layering and fussy cutting.  The papers are used very cleverly - the base layer had the entire centre gutted out, then white cardstock over the hole, then the gutted part on top of the white as the next layer.  Somewhere in there is a bit of lace, just peeping out from under a layer - that was stitched on, which I have never done before and I think I will do it again, looked much better than trying to glue it.  All the flowers and butterflies were fussy cut out of the sheets and tucked under the photos, or layered on top.  The little date tag is slightly offset in the photo, I have since moved it to the centre, where it looks better .... thank heavens for repo adhesive!
The photos are of a visit to my Nanna, with my sister and her kids, I plan to put this into a box frame and give it to Sis for Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love Rachael's work, she is a fab teacher and I love all her fussy cutting. Super page and yes definitely not your style but I think you should do it more often, it is a lovely page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout & lovely photos.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete