A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 9 September 2012

Mango Madness



I have so many pages needing just some journallng to finish them off - so I finally printed all the journalling blocks out onto Safmat and am now working my way through them!
This page is about DS1 buying me some mangos "to make chutney with".  He really wanted to try growing the seeds!  So I made him help chop the ingredients and then he set about cleaning the stones.  20 minutes later, the first stone still had bits of mango clinging to it and there were three more to go.  It occurred to us that actually, the stone is just a protective shell around the seed, so we tried splitting it open - and out popped a perfectly clean seed.  All that effort had been unnecessary!
The layout is based on a UKS challenge sketch.  I stamped swirls and cogs around the edge of the smooth bazzil, the central square is from the 7 Gypsies Venice collection, as are the small square blocks and the teabag-folded embellishmant.  The leafy flourishes are die-cut using two sizes of the same Cheery Lynn die and the title is robo-cut (font: Slugfest).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Love the layout, especially the stamping around the edges.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stamping! I love the colours of your page, too.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout.I love the stamping and the teabag folding.Good job you thought to just get the stone open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, with a nice back story to it.have you had any luck growing a plant from the seed, yet?

    ReplyDelete