A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pink birthday card



A birthday card for my work colleague, who loves pink .... and flowers .... and butterflies!

I matted a scrap of pink patterned paper onto some pink cardstock, centred it onto the card blank then made the interrupted frame and sentiment using silver peel off lines.  I also put another frame around the pink paper.

Then I stamped and embossed the rose bouquet using Pomegranate embossing powder from Stampendous.  This is one of my oldest stamps, bought back in 1993!  I die-cut around the image (Nestie deckled oval) and then die-cut a doily oval (Dienamics) fronm the pink card.  They fit together perfectly!

The butterflies are done with Martha Stewart punches - the largest one was punched twice, once in white for the base and then in pink for the upper raised wings.  Since the top butterfly is only stuck at its centre, I use a strip of 3mm superstrong ('red') DS tape to make sure it stays where it should!  The butterflies were then finished off with tiny pearls.

My colleague has it displayed on her desk :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: