A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 12 March 2012

Steampunk-ish "canvas"






I have had this in mind for aaaaaaaaaaages, and now I am done with the pink and glittery for a while (mops brow) I am feeling quite scrapped out, so decided to make a start on this. It is (more or less) the class taught by Anita M at the Cardinal Colours retreat last September. Anita made a gorgeous canvas, as you can see in the above link, but I wanted it behind glass and dust-free LOL.
The papers are from Bo Bunny's Timepiece collection, as are the clock diecut in the centre, the title strip, the mini frame and the journalling box in which I have put the date. Oh and the two fob watches too. Anita's original had flowers on it...... I substituted rosettes and then raided my steampunk charms box for everything I thought could go on. The watch faces in the centre of two of the rosettes are clip art downloaded from The Graphics Fairy - some great stuff on there!
I added as many crystal swirls as I could reasonably fit on, some robo-cut gears (downloaded file from UK Scrappers forum), attached a key and mini fob watch to a chain and hung it from a brad.
The stamped cogs-and-gears heart is a Technique Tuesday stamp - lovely crisp impression, even with embossing powder, as here - Stampendous Chocolate Brown.
The hardest part was getting DH to scan the photos ............ he would so much rather have been playing with his own toys, er I mean machines ...... I painted the box frame (bought from The Range) in gold acrylic paint and assembled the completed picture.

Some close ups of the details:







I am really really pleased with this and even DH has been heard to say...... Not bad ........ :-)

3 comments: