A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 19 February 2012

Girls just want to have fun



Finally, after much pleading and begging for photographs, the 4th Little Girl album is finished and ready for handover a week today. It's going to take a fair few posts to share all the pages with you!

To start with, one of my favourites from this album. I am not really a fan of kraft paper, but when I saw these papers (My Minds Eye?) at Sarahs Cards retreat, I bought a few with this photo in mind - and my table mate Mandy gave me the length of muddy footprint twill ribbon when I described the picture to her - thank you Mandy!

I stamped swirls all round the edge of the background sheet, then tore two different pieces of patterned kraft and inked the edges. Then it was just a case of layering everything up. I made a windmill and cut up a couple of bling swirls to go around it, then added some buttons, with a little cluster of eyelets & bling in the top corner.

The title was the main problem - I hadn't been able to think of one since having the page idea at the retreat, all that came to mind was something to do with being wet and muddy....... but I had had a similar problem with another page and had used a song title for it and suddenly the lightbulb came on - 'Girls just want to have fun' - perfect! I robo-cut it (font: Polo) in green to pick up the pattern on the paper.

This page is well out of my comfort zone with its torn and inked edges, kraft and general grunginess, but I really like it. And, do you know, I have been tearing and inking edges rather a lot since the retreat - I might even be getting used to it........ gasp!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous LO! I too believe that going out of a confort zone will give you a pleasently surprising effect! I love all the stamped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO. I love that little windmill and you can't beat a bit of tearing and inking;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the stamped background, so pretty! The combo of natural colours with the blingy pearls is great :) x

    ReplyDelete