A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Christmas tags



I have been mulling over this idea for a long time - these two tags will form part of a bigger Christmas picture eventually!

I covered both tags with some Craft Creations Christmas paper, a mottled creamy colour with a darker cream swirl. Then I blended distress inks around the edges in Antique Linen and Tea Dye. The large tag was stamped with a Hero Arts flourish in Aged Mahogany and some Paperartsy cogs and gears in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate. The smaller tag has a swirly background (think that is a Hero Arts one too!) and the cogs, using the same inks. I didn't want to cover the background when it was done!

The gears are die-cut with the Nestie sprocket set from gold mirri, which I smooshed over with a Versamark embossing pad and sprinkled embossing powder in copper, gold and black, then heated. Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it seems to have worked pretty well. Although I am still finding areas of my desk which have a crunchy stray embossing powder layer!

The stamped images are matted onto Nestie label 18, run through an embossing folder after cutting. Father Christmas is from Stamps Away and the Partridge in a pear tree was bought in a sale last year - can't remember the brand now. It has unfortunately lost all 'cling' - I had to hold it in my fingers to ink it up and stamp it, it just wouldn't stick to the acrylic block! Took several attempts to get a good impression LOL. I then punched out the images with plain and scalloped oval punches. Ovals seem to work very well with this Nestie die, I will be using the combination again for cards, I think!

Then I added the crochet lace, the pearls and a Stampendous 'Merry Christmas' sentiment. I haven't really done tags before, but I love how these ones have turned out, so I might be doing some more!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments: