A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 2 September 2010

Glimmer Misted Box





I started this box several months ago - yes, months! - by glimmer misting a plain wooden treasure chest in Midnight Blue and a bit of Candlelight. Then I stamped a couple of corner swirls with Timber Brown Stazon. It looked OK, but needed something more, and I couldn't think what, so I left it ....... it has been sat on the shelf behind my desk, staring at me accusingly, ever since.

Over the Bank Holiday weekend, I decided to stop procrastinating! I knew I wanted the three mosaic tiles on the front but couldn't decide on the rest of the stamping. Then I remembered some of the stamps I had bought at Ally Pally, a compass and two sizes of pocket watch. Perfect. I stamped them on in Teal Stazon, stuck the mosaics on with Matte Accents and it was done! It took me all of 20 minutes to actually finish this thing that had sat around for months :-)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Wendy, well done for finishing. I have unearthed a couple of UFOs here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh thats pretty. I have a box I'm working on too, maybe I should get out the Glimmer Mists
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that, especially the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love teal, this box is great!!! And it's not so unbelievable that it sat around for months... cough cough*work trousers*cough...

    ReplyDelete