A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 13 June 2010

More card blanks used up!




I have had a bit of a play around today and have reduced the ugly card blank stash by five :-) These are all covered with various papers from the scraps box. I also managed to use up some of those pink blossoms!

The pink card will have a sentiment put on when it is used - probably will be "happy birthday", but just in case I need to put "get well soon" or something else on, I have left the pink mat blank - the mat is made with one of my new nestabilities dies, and the scrolls are from a Marianne D frame die. The blue birthday card uses the frame from that die, with ribbon and small mosaic tiles down the punched side border - punch from EK Success.

The Christmas cards - yes I know it's a bit early for the C word, sorry! - are inspired by both Karen and Sy. Karen stamps sentiments directly onto her cards, something which always terrifies me as I always think I will mess it up! Sy mentioned beaded charms on her blog the other day, which set me thinking ....... and after much cursing and bead hunting on the floor today, these are what I came up with :-) The silver scroll attached to the woven ribbon strip is a sizzix die and the oval on the second card is the same nestie die as on the pink card, cut out of one of my previously glimmer misted card blanks. The tags are punched, with the tag at the back being covered in holographic mesh. I am rather pleased with them all :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. great job...they look lovely all together...maybe a gift idea??? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely - love the die cuts on the top two - I will have to bring a load of cardstock with me to the next craft day and cut some mats if that is alright with you?

    ReplyDelete