A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 29 June 2010

A Bit of a Distraction, Part One

This is my week off, and I was supposed to be churning out cards like there was no tomorrow, with maybe a few ATC's and scrapbook pages thrown in for good measure....... but I made the fatal mistake of reading the new Craft Stamper magazine first. There is a project using a small compartmented tray - I thought "I've got one of those!" - and after that there was no turning back!

The tray is one that came with a lot of little embellishments in each compartment, I have kept it for years, always thinking that I could do something with it. First I painted it with Viva Precious Metal paint in bronze, it dries very fast on wood, so I didn't have to wait too long before the next step. I embossed some metal (Ten Second Studio: bronzed god) using cuttlebug folders in the big shot and cut pieces to fit two of the compartments.





I then sorted out lots of bits and pieces to go inside the compartments, with the thought that I wanted something with a steampunk feel, but had to wait until DH got home so I could ask him to cut me some cogs and gears with his laser cutter.

More in the next post!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment