A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Blogtober 6

Today I am sharing a new-to-me technique.   Stampin' Up demonstrator Nicky holds a workshop every month in Chailey village hall in East Sussex, where everyone can sit and craft to their hearts content and she always has a demo for us all.  If you would like to come along please contact her: nickyalevy@btinternet.com 
I actually missed the workshop where she demo'ed these cards, but she very kindly sent me the instructions :-)  I think the correct name for them is 'waterfall cards' and they are very easy to make, at the end of Blogtober I will do a step by step photo guide, but I am typing this in a bit of a rush!
EDIT: These are not waterfall cards at all, they are double gatefold cards.  My mistake, not Nicky's, she didn't give them a name.  Sorry!!


The papers are from Simple Stories, I used a 6 x 6 paper pad, it turns out that four sheets in two different designs will do two cards, so I will be going through my 6" papers with a view to making more of these.  The back is left blank to write on :-)
The circular snowflake stamp on the inner panel is an old one from, I think, Hero Arts and the sentiment is from Hobby Art.  I stamped/embossed in gold and die cut both with a stitched edge die, it gives them a finished edge without using a mat - which I would have preferred, but the circle was exactly the right size and a mat would have made it too large.  The snowflakes are done with a Martha Stewart punch.
I really like these, will definitely be making more, in fact I have made a few bases with different papers already, they just need finishing off and will appear later in Blogtober!
For full Blogtober details, hop over to Karmacraft.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Wendy - love the snowflake PPs.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely - look forward to seeing a step by step guide to making them

    ReplyDelete