A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Beat the Christmas Rush - June

Just in time for this one - a couple of days before the closing date!  For details of the BtCR challenge, nip over to Krafty Karen's Fantastic Place.

I decided to make three cards using a new Memory Box die.  I cut three snowflake ribbons from Bazzill bling in Diamond, backed with Stick It adhesive.  It turned out to be a very fiddly die-cut to peel the backing off, I ruined the first one completely.  The secret is to remove it slowly and in one piece, if you try to take the 'arms' off on their own they just detach themselves from the main snowflake!!
So then I had two die-cuts.  I backed them onto Bazzill bling in Sparkle, I do like the white / aqua combination.  I wanted to round opposite corners, but did a wrong one on the first card, so had to round them all!  The second card went to plan :-)




For the third card, I took my already prepared base of Sparkle and die-cut the wording to go over it (Memory Box).  Very simple, but it does look nice.  Again, I would recommend a slow and steady removal of the Stick It backing paper for this die!


So that's three more for the Christmas box and soon the July BtCR will be coming up, hopefully I will be a little more organised for that one!

1 comment:

  1. three gorgeous cards - thanks for joining in again Wendy

    ReplyDelete